Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Spider


























I Bid You a Good Evening Spider

By Beth Kudla

The inspiration for my poem was the large, furry spider that was sitting next to my work bag at last Tuesday's Novi Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting when I was picking my things up to leave. I have a lot of spiders around my house because I live near the water. Rather than screaming and running away from it. I just picked up my bag and moved on wondering whether it had come from my house and gotten out of my bag or whether it was coming from the Civic Center and trying to hitch a ride with me. Oh, well because it lives in Novi now.

It was difficult trying to get the words in an order that made logical sense and were able to be followed while at the same time trying to get them to form the spider. I overcame the challenge by working with it for a few hours and adding a few words to lengthen the spider's leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment